Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2-9-11 Happiness is....

What a fun day today! We had our our annual Adaptive PE Valentine's Day Dance for the district SPED kiddos. In years past I have to admit I opted not to go and take them to the regular dance on Friday at our home school. This year I decided to go and I am extremely happy about that decision. I was able to see how excited all the kids were to see all their former classmates, dance to their favorite music, and munch a ton of pizza. We had been practicing such dances as the electric slide, solider boy, the chicken dance, the hookie pookie, the two step, and the twist for the past month and today it payed off! We rocked it :) Yes sir no wall flowers in my class we danced almost every dance and we did not disappoint. Of course I had to dance every dance with them.... you know to set a good example, and not because I love doing my arms in giant YMCA's;) Long story short my reason for happiness today was getting to see a gleaming smile on a young child's face and the satisfaction in knowing I am responsible for putting it there...

On the training front today marked day 50 without a break! No not just the dancing, but I actually got an early morning trainer ride in and an hour and a half hot yoga flow class in. The last epic (for me) swim I did was on Monday night. The water temp was a chilly 77 degrees so I decided to jump in and do a 3k TT. It was rough, but I managed to hit every 500 just under 7 minutes. My arms were pretty spent, considering we started digging our "Navajo Pit House" class project earlier that day. This weekend I need to get out the door on my bike and get some preparation riding in for the Gila!!

Till next time train safe, train hard, and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment