Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve/ Morning

Merry Christmas! Finally made it to church, along with the rest of the catholic population in Las Cruces. Boy was it packed! Church on Sundays may have to be on my resolutions list this year. Training was nothing until all the kiddos were put to sleep, then like the true OCD I hopped on the spinning bike for a couple of hours. It's funny how bad I felt until after I got off the bike, then everything seemed to fall into place. That's the very part of myself I wish I could change, but that's me. The other thing I plan on working on this season is am workouts! I have managed to log every single workout since 1992! That's a heck of a lot of workouts! I would put the average hours somewhere around 550 hrs/yr so the math would reveal about 10,450 hrs or 435 days of training. Damn if I were getting paid even minimum wage for those hours I would actually have a savings account, but then I would more then likely be fat right now.... Getting back to the logging of workouts, I haven't hit the morning training since 2004! That is the last time I rode with team Zia Velo, but that's another story. So to make a long story short I will be a very happy camper if I manage to do at least three morning workouts a week this season...and go to church. A little something about me, I almost always wear a bandanna when I race and if I am not wearing it (due to a visor) I am carrying it with me. The bandanna was given to me by my mother in law and it belonged to her father (Marlene's grandpa) a man I never met, but really wish I had. I figure if he loved Marlene as much as she did him then he would want me to return to her as quick (and safe) as possible so when I race I take it with me and hold it from time to time when I need some Chicano turbo boost. To tell the truth that has been my main motivation for the majority of my triathlon career...Get Back To Mar!! Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment