Sunday, January 23, 2011

1-23 Weekend in Socorro

The past few days We were in Socorro for my Mom's 70th birthday. We had a really good time as I was able to spend more time with my mom and grandma. My Nino and Nina came down from Alb. and we all went out to eat at the Owl in San Antonio NM. Those green chile cheeseburgers are the best!

The training is still rolling as day 33 has come and passed without a break, only 4 more days and I will have a new record! Mar and I went for a run on Saturday in hopes of getting her running legs back where they were a few months ago. It's pretty funny to hear her now as we run.. Dang, I shouldn't have taken so much time off, Dang, how quickly I got out of shape, Dang, a few months ago I ran 13 miles now I am hurting at half that, etc. Ha! Now she knows exactly why I have such a hard time taking days off this late in the game (41). I absolutely know that if I slow in my training I will be left in the dust by the comp. and I just wont swallow that mouthful right now! I am getting really excited for this season and especially kicking it off in Tucson for an awesome (paid) training long weekend (March 10-13) at trifest!! After watching some of my trisports.com teammates last weekend in Phoenix I know it's gonna be a blast and I should probably consider turning up the heat a bit in my training, yeah those dudes were smoking fast!

So far I have signed up for the Tucson race in May and the 5430 sprint in June. There were only 30 spots left for the Tucson race so if anyone is considering it... better hurry and sign up. This week my goals are to hit the hot yoga class twice, ride outside, and swim at least three times... easy enough.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment