Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Three first songs 1-12-11


First off music has always been a big part of my mood and often helps me get through life's peaks and valleys. These are the three songs which start my favorite play list. Each song is very special to me and each one has a different meaning, but all are equally inspiring when I hear them.

The first one is Staind "It's Been A While". My good friend and partner JR. turned me on to this group many years ago and I am very glad he did. I remember him going in my garage and listening to this song over and over again and at the time I couldn't understand why... Tonight as I listen to it (in your honor) with a lump in my throat, I know why now this song spoke to you. When I lost my dad a few years back it took me a very long time to claw out of a deep place I had chosen for myself and every time I thought I was clear something pulled me back (like JR's passing). For years I fought this, together with the help of Mar, my bros, exercise, the man above, and time; would eventually lead me to my next song

Also by Staind "So Far Away" is a song that I immediately fell in love with the first time I heard it. Running through the desert with this song blaring through my i pod made me feel free from the day to day, from the past, from sadness, from shadows, etc., but still scared that someone might wake me up from this happiness.

The final song on my list is (and I know you're likeWhat)? Bear with me on his one, it's worth it. Jason Derulo "Ridin Solo" first off the beat! Then I listened to it and it fit. See, for so many years I was a Staind kind of guy with all this luggage filled with, for a lack of better word, crap that I was carrying around. It was heavy, it was burdensome, it was angry, and it seemed to be my go to. Then little by little I began to accept that I didn't have to feed the feelings that would bring me down and if I let them go and accept happiness, then maybe I am awake and this is my life:) So you see, to me, ridin solo is me ridin (training, living, loving) without all the burdens. It's light, it's quick, it's fresh, and it's new. I guess if you really want to know how it feels, just listen to the song.

Why blog about the music? It's all part of the journey. A lot has changed in the last 20 years, including myself....For the Better!

Enjoy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment